Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Seeing Battlestars
I know already I'll probably be in the minority on this one, but I thought the Battlestar Galactica miniseries was great. I had my expectations set pretty low. I just wanted it not to suck. And I thought it went well past that. The story was a simple one, Man creates Cylon. Man has sex with Cylon. Cylon tries to destroy all mankind. Though it started out kind of slow and really horny, it picked up in the second hour of the first night and went from there. And even though I thought Edward James Olmos was a worse idea for Adama than a female Starbuck, he really worked in the role. I also liked the dark edge to the story. It didn't shy away from the darker side of war and in some way reminded me of some of the better DS9 moments during the war with the Dominion. The approach with filming the live action and the effects scenes was also done in more of a raw, "war fotage" kind of way that I thought also worked really well.

Like I said, I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I would like to see them carry it over into a series, or at least another mini series.

Anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home