Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Because they could not stop for death...oh, I guess they could
A recent report noted that poets tended to die younger than their other literary counterparts. I don't know if it's because they wanted to of if it's just because poets always seem to be poverty stricken and die of some really tragic disease, which of course they write a long, plodding poem about before they die. And the truth is, even as much as I enjoy the odd poem every now and then, most poets should die at a young age. The younger the better. Especially those Goth poets who love to publish their poetry on the Internet. And they shouldn't die slowly and painfully so some other Goth kid can write yet another painfully wretched poem about a young, tragic death. They should be thrown in a pit of alligators or held in a naval brig as enemy combatants off the cost of Virginia.

My cell of pain...

Only the darkness can understand my cell of pain...
As I wake each day, in the pit of despair.
I feel like Kafka, not knowing my fate...
And I sink into the blackness
Black, like the souls of those faceless ones who have caged me
Like some tortured Raven, longing to fly into the dark night
Where he will find new prey
Or die a lonely death under a gnarled tree...
This is my cell of pain...
Which no one else can understand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home