Monday, August 09, 2004

Summer movie snooze

Finally made it to see the higly anticipated M. Night Shyamalan offering The Village. I must admit that this is one of the three movies this summer I had really been looking forward to. Shyamalan had previously made two incredible movies, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable and one movie that sucked, Signs. Well, The Village evens out the score at two great movies and two that suck. I won't go into why The Village sucks because any real in-depth discussion would have to reveal spoilers and I don't like doing it. Let's just say that the main "surprise" becomes obvious less than halfway through the movie. Signs was awkward, The Village is just dumb. For his next film, I think I'll just wait until it comes out on video.



If anyone feels like a spoiler-filled discussion of the movie, let me know.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home