Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Now on DVD!

Finally, one of the greatest really horrible Star Wars-spawned science fiction movies of all times has come to DVD.

I was looking through one of the many DVD catalogs I get at the liberry and saw the movie title "Female Space Invaders," and who was on the DVD cover but the great Caroline Monroe. Though the name had changed, I knew this had to be the DVD I've been waiting for for so long - "Starcrash: The Adventures of Stella Star."

This is an Italian film from 1979 and is your basic good guy versus evil empire kind of story. Besides Monroe, I think what helps make this movie so delightfully bad (aside from the script), is the fact that Christopher Plummer plays the evil emperor and David Hasselhoff as Stella's sidekick.

If, like me, you love the best of really bad science fiction, it's well worth the $8 it sells for on Amazon.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home