Monday, September 15, 2003

Those lying liars, part II
Interestingly enough, when I went to the bookstore to pick up a cop of Al's new book, I naturally began looking at the "Bestsellers" section at the front of the store. Now, I don't know exactly which Bestseller list this particular chain of bookstores uses (I won't mention that the store was the Tupelo Books-A-Million), but I couldn't find the book, and I was sure it was one of the top sellers. There was Ann Coulter's "book," there was "Dr." Phil's new "book." No Al Franken. Also no Hillary Clinton. I may have missed them both on the Bestseller shelves as I walked in, but I thought that odd. I finally found Al's book near the back of the store on a table labeled "current events," where we also picked up a copy of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor's autobiography for Rebecca. In the end it turned out alright because both of them were on sale big time.

BTW, on the New York Times bestseller list, Franken's book was #1 and Hillary's book was #5, both above Ann Coulter's, which was in the top 10, but I don't remember if it was 7 or 8. BTW, BTW, if anyone has read her book, let me know if it's worth reading or if it's just like her columns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home