Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Here's why King Arthur pissed me off!


The movie, that is, not the actual king.

Now, I'm not always the first person to see a movie when it come out. I'm not even the first when it comes out on DVD. I'm the guy that likes to talk about seeing a movie months, even years, after everyone else has seen it. In the case of the 2004 "epic" King Arthur, I really don't think there were a lot of people talking about it. Jon Stewart described King Arthur as "a steaming cauldron of liquid shit." That was a rather kind assesment of the movie. One of the things I like about watching a movie on DVD is, if it sucks, I don't feel obligated to sit through it. But King Arthur was so bad, I felt compelled to watch the whole thing and ridicule it remorselessly. This movie was dumb and confusing and didn't seem to really have a plot. Arthur's back story was the same story seen in Conan: The Barbarian. If you want a more historically accurate telling of the King Arthur legend, watch Mony Python and the Holy Grail.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home