Thursday, January 08, 2009

Too many blogs, too much, er, I mean little time

I've got too many blogs floating around.

Some are unused, such as Live Journal, which I joined just basically so I could access some other people's blogs. Or Yahoo360 which... I can't really remember why I set that up....

Some, such as this one, were originally ended on purpose. I quit blogging on this particular blog in June 2004 after I ended my newspaper career. The Idle Ramblings name was one I'd used as a column title for most of my time in the newspaper business, so I felt it was time to do the same for the blog. I quickly started a new blog, which was basically the same thing, only under the title Taking A Nap.

Now, I have incorporated them into one blog, the original Idle Ramblings, which I'm starting up again.

In the meantime, there was MySpace, which offered a handy blogging feature which I have been using since summer 2006. At some point later, I moved into Facebook, where I was basically duplicating my posts on MySpace.

For some reason, today, I have decided that I'd really like all of my on-line efforts in one place, combined, and available for the world to ignore as a whole, rather than just having the world ignore little chunks of them all across the Internets. Unfortunately, I'm finding that's a lot easier said than done and, mayhap, be impossibly done.

I'm finding blogs don't like to talk to each other and, with the exception of merging one Blogger blog to another Blogger blog, it ain't easy to automatically merge them. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm not blog savvy enough to know what I'm doing. I don't know.

So, regardless of all that, I have figured out how to at least feed this blog into my Facebook account and, for now, that's good enough. Maybe there's some voodoo which will get it into MySpace too so I don't have to continually copy stuff all over the place.

We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home