Monday, June 07, 2004

Fables from the mid-80s
This past weekend while going through the CD section at Sam's, I came across a 3 CD collection from R.E.M. Oddly enough, though I have most of their albums from the 90s, I've never gotten their first albums on CD. I have them on vinyl, which means I haven't listened to the probably since well before I left college. The set contained Document, Life's Rich Pageant and Fables of the reconstruction (or, as the box read Reconstruction of the Fables.) These albums are some of the best of the eighties...Period. It also reminded me of how unsatisfying a lot of today's music really is. I'd love to see them in concert again. (for the third or fourth time, I can't remember how many times they played in Oxford during the 80s.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home