Friday, December 31, 2004

Final year in review.

Alright, here's my last year in review. I guess this time I'll do 2004 since that seems to be what everyone else is doing.



January - sucked because Rebecca started her new semester of Law School at UM while I was still stuck in Aberdeen.



- Found and abandoned little puppy on the Natchez Trace. Took her home to find her a nice home. We absolutely

were not going to keep her. Now she has become a rather large dog and is lying on our livingroom floor.



January 19 - Ordered iLife 2004 which included GarageBand, the greatest Apple app ever.

January 22, approx. 3 p.m. - Received iLife.

January 23 approx. 3 a.m. - Finished my very first tune in GarageBand.



March - Buy a suit. I hate ties, so, since I'm a grown up, I get a nice suit you don't have to wear a tie with. HA!



March - Interview for what would be a great job editing a magazine in the biology department on campus. Good job.

Good money and would get me on the same side of the state as Rebecca. Don't hear anything for five months.



April - Turn 37. Start watching Stargate SG-1. Pretty good show.



May - Find out my hometown library is looking for a new director. They want someone with a college degree,

someone who's from the Valley and someone who plans to saty for a long, long time. Sounds great to me. I interview.

Among those interviewing me are two former elementary school teachers and a friend of the family who has known me

since I was born. This could be good.



June - Yes! I get the job and I finally get to leave the hell hole I was living in and the crappy job I had at the newspaper.

Move to the Valley and put the house up for sale.



July 1 - Star my new job at the library, henceforth known as the liberry. Awesome job.

July 7 - Finally hear back about the job editing the magazine on campus. Turns out they eliminated the position.

Good to know.



July - At the Mississippi Press Association Better Newspaper Contest Awards ceremony, I received the most awards I had

received in my career, the paper wins the most awards it has ever won and wins the most awards of any weekly paper

in the state. Guess that shows what a terrible job I did as the Managiing Editor.



August - Discover MacJams and MacIdol, homes on the Internet where I can upload my own music and listen to GarageBand

creations from people around the world. It's awesome!



September - Got my iBook. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! Got wireless Internet. Sweeeeeeeet!



October - Rebecca and I went to a Halloween party dressed as a punk couple. Gave me an excuse to buy a couple

of t-shirts from The Damned.



- Sold the house in Aberdeen thus completely severing ties to a place I had long wanted to leave.



November - Thanksgiving. Nice to be able to just walk up the hill to go to my mom's thanksgiving dinner rather than driving

two hours to get there, two hours to get back, usually late at night and then get up the next morning to go to

the newspaper office and sit around and do nothing for eight hours because everyone else is out shopping and

the company wouldn't let us close the office and stay home that day. Have I mentioned I don't miss my old job.



December - Christmas similar to Thanksgiving.



December 31 - Sit around house drinking and watching Ed Wood movies to ring in the new year.



Doesn't get any better than that.



Hope everyone has a great New Year.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home