Monday, August 08, 2005

Blowing my own horn

A year after leaving the newspaper business, it seems that I have yet another journalism accolade to add to my list. For the second year in a row, I took first place in the editorial writing division of the Mississippi Press Association's Better Newspaper Contest. The contest is for material generated the previous year, which means this was actually for the first half of 2004. I'm pretty pleased with this, if for no other reason it probably pissed off certain people who disliked the fact that I wrote editorials in the first place.

It also is probably the last journalism award I will receive, so the end of that era is truly over.

Thanks to my friend Baker for getting me that information.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home