Friday, December 30, 2005

New Years Resolutions

I don't do a lot of New Years Resolutions. I tend to do anything major and important such as the usual self-improvement lose weight, exercise more, etc., based more on my birthday than on the calendar year.

I do, however, sometimes make some resolutions that are more fun to keep. That way, if I don't do them, I'm not stuck with the crushing guilt of being a failure as a human begin when I don't accomplish them. I'm just not as entertained.

So here's what I plan to accomplish in 2006:

1. Learn at least four more chords on the guitar and use them in songs.

2. Finish the outline for my novel and write at least one chapter.

3. Purchase and learn to use Logic or, more likely, Logic Express.

4. Decide what 12 songs I plan to put on my debut CD, which I am planning on releasing on or before April 8, 2007, and begin recording them.

5. To not go more than a month without putting something on my blog.

6. Write and record at least one new song per month.

7. Go see more movies.

8. Read at least one book that isn't science fiction or about politics or journalism.

9. Go to a concert.

10. Come up with a cohesive Grand Unification Theory, invent a cold fusion power generating device, develope a faster-than-light means of propulsion or a safe means of human teleportation.

11. Check back at the end of 2006 to see if I've actually done any of these things.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home